The stakes are higher in Battle Royale and the Horde brings another challenge to Save the World.
High Stakes (Battle Royale)
Welcome to the High Stakes event! Assemble your crew for the new Getaway LTM and complete challenge to get some free rewards.
Grappler (Battle Royale)
Make a daring escape or get into the action quickly! This new item attaches to anything you hit for quick traversal.
LIMITED TIME MODE: THE GETAWAY
Welcome to The Getaway! In this mode, players will race to find a Jewel and take it to a Getaway Van before everyone else to win the match!
- Jewels can be found in special supply drop safes, located along the edge of the first storm circle. The safes take a long time to open, so make sure the area is clear before attempting to claim a Jewel!
- Four Jewels will be in play on the map AT ALL TIMES. If a player escapes with a Jewel or one is lost in the storm, a new supply drop will bring a replacement.
- When a Jewel is picked up, it will be visible on the map to everyone for 30 seconds.
- Carrying a Jewel will give players health & shields over time, but also slow them down by 10%.
- Getaway Vans
- Four TOTAL Getaway Vans will be in the map, three that arrive early in the match and one more that shows up near the end.
- Getaway Vans float in mid-air, Jewel carriers must build up and then interact with them in order to complete a Getaway.
- The goal is to find or steal a Jewel and take it to one of the vans in order to secure a Victory Royale.
- Once they arrive, safe drops and Getaway Vans will be visible on the map at all times.
- 12 red “Pursuit” Supply Drops land at the very beginning of the match. These carry a variety of longer-range weapons and other items, and are the only way to obtain the new Grappler in this mode.
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Only Rare weapons or higher will be found in this mode.
- Rifts, Rift-To-Go and Launchpads have been removed to reduce mobility for Getaway Van engagements.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode, but Umbrellas are not awarded for wins.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Grappler added.
- Fire at a nearby object to pull yourself towards it.
- Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Chain multiple shots together to travel great distances.
- Has 15 charges. Discarded when charges are depleted.
- Epic rarity.
- Vaulted Revolvers
- Rarity color adjustments (NOTE: The original percentages for drops were incorrect. We have since updated the percentages to clarify the exact change to the weapons).
- Some items have been removed or modified to better reflect their effectiveness. This only affects their colors and other characteristics are unchanged.
- Removed Common Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Removed Rare Rocket Launcher
- Availability of Epic and Legendary Rocket Launchers increased slightly to compensate.
- Increased Epic Rocket Launchers drop chance from 0.11% to 0.73%
- Increased Legendary Rocket Launcher drop chance from 0.03% to 0.10%
- Removed Legendary Bolt-action Sniper Rifle
- Removed Rare Pistol
- Remote Explosives increased from Rare to Epic.
- Port-a-Fort decreased from Epic to Rare.
- Semi-Auto Sniper rifle decreased from Epic and Legendary to Uncommon and Rare.
- Increased the frequency that the Semi-Auto sniper rifles drop to align more with their rarity class.
- Increased Uncommon Semi-Auto sniper drop chance from 1.22% to 2.06%
- Increased Rare Semi-Auto sniper drop chance from 0.13% to 0.96%
- Dual pistols decreased in rarity from Epic and Legendary to Rare and Epic.
- Suppressed pistol decreased in rarity from Epic and Legendary to Rare and Epic.
- Burst Assault Rifle accuracy adjustments.
- When holding down the trigger, the first 2 bursts are more accurate.
- Spread down sights benefit increased from 35% to 40%.
- Crouch spread benefit reduced from 25% to 20%.
- Jumping/Falling spread penalty reduced from 25% to 10%.
- Sprinting spread penalty reduced from 50% to 30%.
- Increased drop stack count for Boogie Bomb from 1 to 2.
- Increased maximum stack size for Stink Bomb from 5 to 6.
- Increased maximum stack size for Shield Potions from 2 to 3.
- Fixed an issue that prevented audio and effects from playing on other players who are consuming a shield potion.
- In the moving storm phases, when the storm reaches its destination, it will cause a surge of energy that destroys player-built structures located on the storm wall.
- Motion controls now function uniformly across input types on Nintendo Switch and mobile. Options have been added to the settings to allow you to switch your motion turn axis.
- Motion deadzone has been removed.
- Fixed an issue causing supply drop landing effects to play twice in some circumstances.
- Fixed inconsistencies with auto-pickup when landing on pickups, and when pickups are first thrown from containers.
- Improved loading performance on Nintendo Switch to reduce issues with buildings loading late (i.e. low-res buildings during skydiving).
- Fixed a large performance regression related to effects. This was causing poor framerate in the 5.30 release (especially on Nintendo Switch).
- Boosted volume of the Remote Explosives placement sound.
- Improve the quality of the sound played when dropping from the Bus on Mobile/Nintendo Switch platforms.
- Improve spatialization of the chest open sound for other players nearby.
- Reduced the spam of item pickup “bounce” sounds when pickups are sliding down hills.
- Fixed several UI sound issues.
To see the complete patch note : https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v5-40